Hi My Fair Olinda readers! I’m Julia Mary from Hello Lovely and I’m so excited to share part two of our three part series on Goal Setting. Today I’m sharing a few thoughts on HOW I set goals.
Ready to dive in?
1. Get specific and be purposeful! Here’s an example:
- Bad goal: I want to get healthy.
- Good goal: I want to run a 30 min. 5k race in the spring so I can feel more energized at work and focused as I go about my day.
Being specific and purposeful will motivate you, give you a clear target to work towards and make it clear when you’ve accomplished your goal.
2. Make them attainable. I have to be careful here because I’m all for dreaming big but if your goals are too ambitious they will likely go unfinished or be forgotten. In 2015, I knew something had to change about my morning routine before work. I’m not a morning person and enjoy snoozing my alarm as long as possible but I knew waking up a little earlier was needed. Here were two goals I considered:
- Wake up at 5:30am, workout at the gym, eat breakfast, get in the Word, and be ready to leave for work by 7:30am.
- Get up at 6:30am, make a simple breakfast, spend 10 minutes stretching, and 10 minutes in The Word/prayer.